Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Goals Of The Cookie Fairies

There are several reasons I finally decided to make a concerted effort to be The Cookie Fairies. Here are some of my goals and the reasons why we are doing what we are doing:

1. I want my children to know the positive feelings associated with serving others

2. I want to serve WITH my children- to improve our bond

3. Everytime we bake cookies, we are going to pray about who we should bring the cookies to. Specifically, we are going to ask the Lord who is in need of a smile or a little extra love. Then, we are going to listen to the Holy Ghost testify to us who we should bring the cookies to. I hope to teach my children how to listen to the promptings of the Spirit and how to HEAR what the Spirit is saying so that they can learn how to follow His voice.

4. Hopefully, we will lift up the sad and bring joy to those who may be struggling.

5. An added bonus is teaching my daughters how to bake- a dying skill, but definitely a worthwhile skill to know (especially if you have a husband like mine who thinks that cookies solve all problems!)

***I am under no illusion that delivering cookies is going to radically change the world. I will not pretend that our level of service is anywhere near that of Mother Theresa. But nevertheless, if we can use cookies to spread our love and also the love the Savior has for each of us, then I will feel pretty good about what we are doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment