Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Why The Blog?

I have absolutely no desire to flaunt what we are doing or to seek the praise of the world- at all. But, I decided to create a blog about our experiences for two reasons:

1. To record what we are doing. I am hoping this is a family tradition that will continue for years, and perhaps be passed onto my grandchildren. I want our experiences on record, and a blog is an easy way to do that. Plus, I can print it off into a book so the children will always have a record of what we have done. I also want them to know that we are seeking the Spirit to guide us in this endeavor, and I want that testimony to be written down so that they know that their mom loved the Lord, loved serving others, and had a testimony that the Holy Ghost hears and answers prayers- even in something as small as who to deliver cookies to.

2. It's possible that a stranger surfing the internet might accidentally come across this blog and be impressed to do something similar- maybe not cookies, maybe nothing that involves baking- just something small that they can do for those around them to make those around them feel loved and valued. If that's the case, please leave a comment and let me know what you are doing to change your sphere of influence!

No comments:

Post a Comment